Policy Research for Government Call Center
Researchers and developers:
- Dr.Djitt Laowattana
- Dr.Siam Chaloenseang
- Dr.Thavida Maneewan
- Wuttichai Visarnkuna
- Samartawut Sri U-bon
- Office of the Permanent Secretary, Office of the Prime Ministe
According to policies that the government gives opportunities for people to feedback problems in various channels, such as a direct contact to Office of the Permanent Secretary, Office of the Prime Minister, a postal document, a request through communication networks and etc., สปน. then directs the Institute of FIeld RoBOtics (FIBO) at the King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi to study and design a call center system applying modern technologies, for example, database system managements and technologies in call center, in order to eliminate recurrent issues and strengthen the system in such a way that problems could be efficiently solved more rapidly.
The objectives of the research project are to design the call center system in such a way that enhances the call center to be able to communicate and coordinate with Thai people in problems or issues they would like to discuss, and to design a managing system that networks all associated organization into the same workflow, according to each subject.
Figure 1 Communication channels of the call center
Figure 2 Links between the call center and the associated organization
Hence, the major responsibilities that FIBO has to accomplish are researching technology, designing the system and workflow procedures, and creating a Term of Reference covering the following components;
- Designing the organization structure for the call center,
- Designing the workflow of the call center,
- Designing the system that connects to people in all possible communication channel,
- Designing a security system for each component of the call center,
- Designing the communication network connecting people to the associated organizations,
- Designing a knowledge management system,
- Designing a database management system using DBMS and data warehouse,
- Designing an automatic time schedule planning system for employees, and
- Designing a call center overall evaluating system.